Momlife is messy... so pack wipes... and stop being sorry about it
Fill in the phrase: "I am no longer sorry about ____________"
I am not sorry about my messy car
I am not sorry for leaving laundry unfolded (for weeks)
I am not sorry for the mess me and my child make. In fact, we enjoyed making that mess!
My messy momlife is freeing. I no longer feel the stress of choosing between exploring with my kid and cleaning our house. I choose getting our fingers dirty to keeping them clean. We have so much fun! I love experiencing my daughter's reaction to watching leaves fall from the sky and her tenderness to the flowers we pot. Our messy momlife allows us to live without apology and experience parenthood fully.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a clean home. You wouldn't think so if you stopped by unannounced but even my daughter enjoys helping clean up. We make challenges/games out of clean-up time. Here's how we turn clean up into fun time:
- Dirt Devil vacuum is toddler sized - she vacuums the hardwood and kitchen floors while mom uses the heavy duty vacuum for carpets
- dryers are toddler height - she helps add clean clothes to the dryer
- toddler sized laundry hamper for kiddie's clothes - make a habit of putting away her own clothes
- laundry basket race - pack dried clothes into the basket then push your mini driver to the finish line!
- mini laundry sorter - make separate piles for undies, pjs + other clothes.
*Use natural cleaning sprays and detergents; unlike harsh chemicals in typical household cleaners, they are not harmful to your family.
Does your little tike help with the house chores or help make the messes?