To stay true to our values and support our community, we take time to listen, learn, financially contribute, and amplify black voices and businesses. This is just the beginning. We’re focused on what matters: supporting, donating, and seeking justice for black lives. We’ve compiled resources and action steps for anyone else who wants to support protesters, communities, and police brutality victims.
The Bail Project The Bail Project is a national nonprofit organization that pays bail for people in need, reuniting families and restoring the presumption of innocence. (ActBlue Bail Fund Donation Split)
ACLU The ACLU dares to create a more perfect union — beyond one person, party, or side.
Black Lives Matter The official #BlackLivesMatter Global Network builds power to bring justice, healing, and freedom to Black people across the globe. Comprehensive List of petitions, resources, talking points, and more.
Campaign Zero The comprehensive platform of research-based policy solutions to end police brutality in America.
Color of Change Color Of Change designs campaigns powerful enough to end practices that unfairly hold Black people back, and champion solutions that move us all forward.
Black Visions Collective Our Vision. Healing Justice and Transformative Justice at the Center. As an organization dedicated to Black liberation and to collective liberation
George Floyd Memorial Fund This fund is established to cover funeral and burial expenses, mental and grief counseling, lodging and travel for all court proceedings, and to assist George Floyd’s family in the days, weeks, months… to come.
Minnesota Freedom Fund A community-based nonprofit organization that combats the harms of incarceration by paying bail for low-income individuals who cannot otherwise afford it.
Reclaim The Block This organization in Minneapolis works with community and city council members to move money from the police department into other areas of the city’s budget that truly promote community health and safety.
NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) The nation’s first and largest grassroots-based civil rights organization.
Resistant Funds A comprehensive google sheet with resistance funds across America.
Organization Based Funds and Protest Tips Black women and Black people in the LGBTQ+ community are at risk of violence every day. Support them by donating anything you can to the following funds.
Black fashion designers, models, creators, and activists:
Designers & Artists:
- Kei Kucera
- Zul Jamal
- Kyle Harris
- Efik Zara
- Maryam Seveur
- Oyin Elabor
- Ashly Nicki
- Fisayo Che
- Melissa Fortune
- Sherita Cuffee
- Rachel Cargle
- Check Your Privilege
- Brittany Packnett Cunningham
- Ashlee Marie Preston
- The Conscious Kid
- Austin Channing Brown
- Ethel’s Club
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Antiracist Reading List (NYT)
- An Essential Anti-Racist Reading List (Vogue)
- The Anti-Racist Reading List (Elle)
- Anti-Racism (Ideal Bookshelf)
- An Essential Reading Guide for Fighting Racism (BuzzFeed)
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor by Layla F. Saad
- 14 Books by Black Women You Need to Read (The EveryGirl)
- Why You Need to Stop Saying "All Lives Matter" by Rachel Elizabeth Cargle
- Virtual Protesting 101
- 10 Steps to Non-Optical Allyship
- Mapping Our Roles in a Social Change Ecosystem
- The Double Standard of the American Riot (The Atlantic)
- 6 Ways to Activate Beyond Social Media
- Eye of the Storm : Jane Elliot
- Dear White People IGTV Series from Emmanuel Acho
- The Daily Show Youtube: Trevor Noah on George Floyd, the Minneapolis Protests, Ahmaud Arbery & Amy Cooper
- Chris Cuomo IGTV: America is a Tale of Two Cities
- I Am Not Your Negro Based on James Baldwin’s unfinished manuscript Remember This House
- Dear White People (Netflix)
- When they See Us (Netflix)
- 13th (Full Netflix Feature on Youtube)
black voices, black lives matter, black artists, black photographers, black models, black designers, black fashion, designers, oneracethehumanrace, support black businesses, ShoptheKei.com